Sunday, November 1, 2009

1995 Topps, Jeff Montgomery



#182 Jeff Montgomery

This is the second card that Jeff signed for me at Royals Fanfest this past winter. The first one was his '88 Score card where he was a Red. I had the cards in my autograph book and there is only enough room for three cards per page and all the cards are vertical. Most players will rotate the book for the horizontal cards, but Jeff didn't. That is why this card looks like it is signed diagonally down. If you check out the other card that I linked to, you will see that it he usually signs cards diagonally up, which he did on this card. You just can't tell when the card sits horizontally.

This is the last 1995 card. It took me well over a month to go through all of my 1994 cards, but it took just over two weeks to go through my 1995s. 1995 was my second year of high school and the time I started to lose interest in cards. I will go through 1996 slightly faster than '95 and about half of those cards came from Rod, of Padrographs. Most of the years should fly by until I get up to 2003.

Tomorrow, I will start my usual rewind of all of the older cards I got signed since I started the '95s. That should take a couple of weeks. Since the season is over, the rewinds will be getting shorter and shorter as well. I guess what I am trying to say is that it took me 15 months to get to 1995, but time at Autographs Cards is about to speed up.

No comments: