Thursday, June 25, 2009

1990 CMC, John Gibbons



#236 John Gibbons

First off, I want to say that I meant to have two posts up but now. But, there was this freak storm that hit a couple of hours ago that knocked out the electricity. Rather than sit around while it got hot and dark in the house, I went to the bar to pass some time. So, there is only going to be this post tonight and it is the second post of this guy since I finished up with the 1993 cards. I would say that I would make it up to you tomorrow, but I wouldn't want to lie on here.

Anyways, here is the second John Gibbons card. I usually don't link to a player's stats after I have posted them once. But, I did this time and I did it a little different as well. I normally use Baseball Almanac for my stats link and they only show the Major League stats. Tonight, I used the Baseball Cube since they show all of their minor league stats also. I thought that since I was showing a minor league card that was made three years after his last Major League card, some minor league stats might be appropiate.

Like I said, this is the second card of John Gibbons on here. Here is the first. I got this card signed at the first regular season game I went to this year as John was coming off of the field after batting practice (he's the Royals bench coach). He signed a third card, too. But it is from when he was the Blue Jays manager, so it will be some time before I get to that one.

As for the Scranton-Wilkes Barre Red Barons, they are no longer the Red Barons. Instead, they are the Scranton-Wilkes Barre Yankees. I think that the SWB Red Barons may have been the longest name in professional sports until the Long Beach Armada of the Golden Baseball League officially changed their name to the Long Beach Armada of Los Angeles of California of the United States of North America Including Barrow, Alaska, in 2007.

No comments: