Thursday, April 2, 2009

1993 Donruss, Eric Wedge



#44 Eric Wedge

I got this card signed at a Royals game last year when the Tribe came to town. It was a bad day for getting autographs (for me at least). I was standing around watching BP and I had to take a piss. No one was signing, so I went and took a leak. I left a buddy in my spot to hold it for me. When I got back, I asked if anyone had signed yet and he said that Ryan Garko was just here. I asked him if he got one of my cards signed for me and he said that he hadn't because he didn't know what to do. Oh well. He did hold my spot and Eric signed all three of my cards for me. Those were the only autographs that I got that day.

This blog will be on a hiatus until Monday. I'm heading to Houston for my cousin's wedding and it's going to be a hectic little trip and I will not have any time to post. But it is fitting that I have an Eric Wedge card up today since I will be seeing Eric and the Tribe take on the Astros tomorrow in an exhibition/spring training game. Plus, I am hoping to go to the Astros Fanfest on Saturday if my grandma doesn't complain about me driving eleven hours and not spending any time with her. So, I'll just have to wait and see about that.

One last thing. I wanted to thank Steve from The Easy Life for some Royals cards that he sent me yesterday. I forgot to mention it in my last post.

No comments: