Thursday, April 16, 2009

1993 Select, Chuck Knoblauch



#36 Chuck Knoblauch

Here is another card that I got signed through the mail. Again, I got this in the early '90s, probably in 1993 or '94. The main reason why I sent for Chuck's autograph was because I saw something in Beckett that said that he signed TTM. I was thinking about sending him my 1992 Fleer Rookie Sensation insert card. Those were some high dollar insert cards at the time and thankfully I didn't send him mine. The reason for that is because I did not get the same card back that I sent to him. It has been over fifteen years since then and I do not know what card I sent him, but I am 100% positive that it wasn't this card. With my luck, I probably sent him a low-gloss card and got this high-gloss card in return. Either way, I was still pretty happy about it.

I was a pretty big Knoblauch fan back in the day. If I search through all of my albums, I know that I could find one that had a Knoblauch player collection going in it. Luckily, I was pretty much out of card collecting when he was traded to the Yanks. I was even more lucky to be almost completely out of card collecting when he signed with the Royals. Unfortunately, I do have a Kauffman Stadium poster that I got for cheap at the K that has Knoblauch up to bat in it. Oh well, it's still a cool poster. It is even cooler now after the renovation.

I think that this is the first horizontal card that I have posted on here since the '55 Bowman Carl Erskine. I could be wrong though (and probably am).

No comments: