Sunday, October 17, 2010

2003 Lancaster JetHawks Grandstand, Lance Cormier



#18 Lance Cormier

Here is a card that I got signed before the Royals final game of the season. Lance was pitching for Tampa Bay at the time and I was able to get him to sign all three cards that I own of him before the game.

Lance has pitched for the Rays for the past two seasons and he has had some of his best success with them. Last year, he posted a career-best ERA of 3.26 and even recorded a career-high 2 saves. He wasn't quite as sharp this year, but he still posted his second best ERA of 3.92. That's not too bad for a guy that has a career ERA of 4.93.

Unfortunately, Lance was not on the Rays postseason roster this year.

Lance might not have a readable signature, but it is a good-looking one in my opinion. His "L" looks nothing like an "L", but it is stylish nonetheless.

I got this card out of the 2003 JetHawk team set that I bought in Lancaster a couple of years ago. This is the first card that I have gotten signed from that set.

Edwards Air Force is right outside of Lancaster and that is the usual landing site for NASA's space shuttles. That is why Lance has the Columbia patch on his sleeve that looks similar to the one that the Astros wore that year. The JetHawks, however, were affiliated with the Diamondbacks at the time.

1 comment:

Orioles Magic said...

Very cool card of Lance. I was lucky to get him on his 08 Topps Update Orioles card when he was in town with the Rays last year. I agree with your point about his autograph too, it's pretty nice.