Sunday, January 24, 2010

1999 UD Ionix, Kevin Brown



#50 Kevin Brown

This is the second Kevin Brown I have posted on here. The first one was a TTM return. This one is a Padrograph. Since I've talked about Kevin once before, I'm going to skip all of that banter and talk about the card instead.

This is the only Ionix card that I own. I have no idea how many years they were made and I'm too lazy to look it up. But this card has a ton going on with it. Because of that, it reminds me a little of the 1998 UD3 card of Gary Matthews, Jr.

This one has the small inset close-up of Kevin's face, like '83 Topps. Then there is the radiating effect coming from behind him like he is glowing or he is the center of an Imperial Japanese flag. After that, there is the chromey-oily look breaking up the radiating effect that fades out to some white borders. Like I said, there is a lot going on with this card. I wasn't really collecting at the time and I wonder if these cards were popular at all. They look like something I would buy one pack of just to see, only to be disappointed and never buy another.

This is the last card of 1999. Starting tomorrow, I will go through the older cards that I got signed at Fanfest. When I get done with that, then I will start onto the cards from 2000.

1 comment:

Orioles Magic said...

That card does have a lot going on.