Monday, September 1, 2014

1994 Fleer Procards, Harrisburg Senators


#2083 Bob Baxter
#2086 Steve Hoeme
#2095 Rob Fitzpatrick

Last year, I got a package in the mail from Ryan of The Great Orioles Autograph Project. The package consisted of a few Royals cards and many autographs. Most of the autographs had an Orioles connection, but there were a few random ones as well. I would catagorise these as some of the randoms. The funny thing was that there are a few more Harrisburg Senators cards coming up. Even though Ryan is an O's fan, these Sens cards are from their days as an Expos farm team. I am pretty sure Harrisburg was Ryan's nearest team when he was growing up, so it is very likely that these cards were ones Ryan got signed in person in 1994. That is pretty cool.

None of the guys here made it to the Major Leagues. Baxter and Hoeme pitched some games in AAA, but Fitzpatrick never made it past the AA level. Baxter pitched in 97 AAA games and went 8-8 with 3 saves and a 4.90 ERA. Hoeme pitched in just 15 AAA games and he was 0-2 with 1 save and a 4.62 ERA. Fitzpatrick was a .234 hitter in 209 AA games.

Out of these three cards, the Steve Hoeme card is my favorite. Hoeme is a fellow Kansan and he played college baseball at the same school that I did, Pratt Community College. I did not realize this until I now when I looked up his stats on Baseball Reference.

No comments: