Thursday, March 10, 2011

2002 Topps 206, Shane Halter



#240 Shane Halter

Here is the second Shane Halter card that I got signed at Fanfest. The first card I posted was a trippy Sports Illustrated card that I posted last week. Obviously, I like the look of this card much better. It is a nice classic design of a player in a classic Negro League jersey. Plus, it it signed and it doesn't get much better than that.

Shane played for the Tigers for four seasons and he got a lot of playing time at third base and shortstop, as well as the rest of the infield and some outfield. His best season for his career happened with Detroit in 2001 when he had career highs in virtually every offensive category, including average (.284) and doubles (32). But, while Shane had a good season that year at the dish, the same cannot be said about his fielding. He committed 26 errors that season, which lead the American League. As far as I can tell, that is the only time that he lead the league in anything.

I find it strange that Shane added his number to this card since he only wore number 4 during his time with the Royals. As a Tiger, it looks like he was 17 and 39.

No comments: