Tuesday, May 11, 2010

1967 Topps, Vern Law



#351 Vern Law

Here is the second card that I sent to Vern along with the Buc Hill Aces card. Vern will sign one card for free. But since I sent him two cards, I sent him a ten dollar check so that he would sign them both.

I bought this card off of ebay last year so I could send it to get signed. But for some reason, I either got really lazy or really busy becuase this card sat in a box until last month. Then, after getting the BHA card signed, I finally sent this card with it and I had it back two weeks later.

I didn't realize it when I bought this card, but this is the very same card that is pictured on the '85 Topps father/son card that I got signed last year.

With this card, I now have a signed card from every Topps base set from 1967 to 2010, with the exception of the 2000 set (I have three cards signed from 2000 Topps Traded set).

Notice the tall building in the background? If Topps is still churning out Heritage in 2016, we better get more than just boring Spring Training shots. They better include some boring regular season shots, as well.

1 comment:

Play at the Plate said...

He signed it perfectly! I love seeing the vintage TTMs.