Tuesday, May 25, 2010

1981 Donruss, Joe Sambito



#21 Joe Sambito

This card was waiting for me in my mailbox on Saturday when I got home from the Royals game. Counting this card and the other card Joe signed for me, I ended up getting fifty-one cards singed that day. I had sent this card to Joe on the 12th and I had it back ten days later.

Joe pitched for eleven years in the big leagues with the Astros, Mets, and Red Sox. He pitched mostly out of the bullpen and he had a career record of 37-38, with 84 saves, and a 3.03 ERA. In 1979, Joe had a career high 22 saves, which placed him fourth in the league that year. He also made his lone All Star team that season.

'81 Donruss Tracker: 72/100

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those old technicolor Houston jerseys... I can't figure out how we all made it through the 80s without going blind. ;)

Play at the Plate said...

Funny Paul.

My sister loved Joe Sambito...must've been the hair.