Thursday, May 20, 2010

1981 Donruss, Paul Mirabella



#151 Paul Mirabella

If you were up late enough last night to read my post, you may have saw that this week's '81 Donrussfest may be about over. Luckily, that is not the case since I got three of them in the mail today. So, I should be good to go into next week.

This card is one of the cards that I got back today. I sent it to Paul on the twelfth, so it took just over a week to make it back home. Paul signed this card and one other one for me.

Paul pitched in the Majors for parts of 13 seasons. He spent time with the Rangers, Yankees, Blue Jays, Rangers, Orioles, Mariners, and Brewers. He pitched primarily out of the pen and he finished his career with a 19-29 record with a 4.45 ERA and 13 saves.

Out of the three cards I got in the mail today, this one has the best signature. I like how he draws out his "M" of his last name and then the last letter of his name almost comes back to the "M", but on the top. That's kind of cool.

Speaking of three autographs in the mail, I also got eleven cards signed tonight at a Wichita Wingnuts game. They got rained out last night, so I got to see parts of a doubleheader today against the Sioux Falls Pheasants. The 'Nuts won game one with a walk-off single in the seventh before dropping the nightcap 5-3. Plus, I got to see Reggie Abercrombie hit a dinger. But the best part of the night was hearing this song every time Reggie came up to bat (and winning two free Chipotle burritos).



'81 Donruss Tracker: 68/100

2 comments:

Orioles Magic said...

That song takes me back, but I somehow remember it being a little bit better than that...

Paul signed a card TTM for me too and included one of his own when he returned it. It's great coming across guys like this that are great at signing TTM.

unclemoe said...

I'll steal your hunny like I stole your bike.

moe.