Tuesday, June 29, 2010

1991 Line Drive AAA, Andy Tomberlin



#445 Andy Tomberlin

Here is the third and final Andy Tomberlin card that I got signed at the Rickwood Classic. You can see the first one here and the second one here.

All three cards that I got signed by Andy are minor league cards. He had a few Major League cards available, but I do not have one. I could have picked one up on checkoutmycards.com before I left for my trip. But, I spent $50 on the site buying cards of the minor leaguers that I would be seeing and I figured that the cards I had would work just as well. So I held off.

Speaking of Andy's Major League career, it spanned parts of six seasons with the Pirates, Red Sox, A's, Mets, and Tigers. The most games that he ever got into in one season was 63 with the Mets in 1996. He finished his career with a .233 average with 11 home runs and 38 RBI.

I like the team logo on this card. It is different than the one used by CMC in 1990. Any team logo that puts the ballpark's name in it is alright by me.

The Richmond Braves are no longer around. They moved to the Atlanta suburbs and are now the Gwinnett Braves. Richmond has a new team and they are the Flying Squirrels. They play in the Eastern League (AA).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those COMC orders can add up pretty fast. :)