Friday, June 4, 2010

1986 Topps, Tito Landrum



#498 Tito Landrum

Are you tired of '86 Topps Cardinal cards yet? Does every team from that set have this bad of a photo selection?

If you can't figure out where I got this card signed, read the previous posts and you should be able to figure it out.

Tito was one of the better signers for the Cardinals at the '85 Classic (there was only one bad signer there). He signed at least two different times and the last time he signed, he did it in the stands. He climbed into the the $190 Crown Seat section by the dugout and crawled over a few rows to get closer to the fans. One guy beside me told him to be careful so he doesn't pull a hammy and Tito told him "I wish I still had a hammy to pull". All in all, Tito seemed like a class-act and I'm glad that he was able to take part in the event.

To Tito's credit, he really doesn't look much older now than he does in this card.

Tonight is the final night of the trip and we are spending it at a game in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The Drillers are hosting the Midland Rockhounds. I should make it back home late tonight and then I will probably not post anything on Saturday (but that may change). I will definitely have something up on Sunday and I hope that will include a road trip recap.

4 comments:

Orioles Magic said...

Very cool card. I am looking to add Tito on an O's card to my collection. Do you know if you will run into him again?
Thanks!

Unknown said...

I am actually having fun with studying your nicely written articles. It looks like you spend allot of time and effort in your blog. I have bookmarked it and I am looking ahead to studying new articles. Keep up the great work!
Maryland Bankruptcy lawyer

zman40 said...

I doubt that I will see him again. It's not too often that former Cardinals are invited to Kansas City.

Orioles Magic said...

That's a good point.