Friday, June 25, 2010

1989-90 Pacific Senior League, Paul Mirabella



#165 Paul Mirabella

Just like todays earlier post, this is another TTM that was included with an '81 Donruss card. After '81D, this may be my favorite set to get signed. You can see Paul's '81D here and listen to a lame song while you are at it.

Out of all the teams that participated in the Senior Professional League, or whatever it was called, the Tropics probably have the most outlandish uniform. The palm tree "T" is certainly unique, but it looks out of place by itself on the hunter orange hats. While their road unifroms do not look bad, I cannot say the same thing for the orange jersey with white trim and orange undershirt. I hope that they were just a warm-up jersey and not something that was worn in a game.

I like how Paul is still wearing a batting glove under his fielding glove, just like he was on his '81 Donruss card. I wonder if he takes it off to shower.

No comments: