Sunday, April 18, 2010

2002 Donruss Rookies, Julius Matos



#52 Julius Matos

Here is a Padrograph that I really like. The reason I like it so much is because it is of a former Royal. I never got Julius' signature while he was with Kansas City, so this card helps me out there. There have been a few Padrographs that Rod has sent me of guys that played for the Padres and the Royals. Those are a little bit more special to me, especially when it is of a player that I actually got to see play.

Julius only played two seasons in the Majors. He got into 76 games with the Padres in 2002 and 28 games with the Royals in 2003. He was a .244 career hitter that had 4 home runs and 26 RBI.

He played three more years in the minors, splitting time with the Montreal, Toronto, and San Diego organizations, as well as a brief stint with Winnipeg of the Northern League. 2006 was his last season in baseball.

No comments: