Thursday, April 1, 2010

2001 Topps, Alex Arias



#T81 Alex Arias

Here is a Padrograph that came out of the '01 Topps Traded set. Surprisingly, I already had an Arias autograph. The first one came out of a pack of Leaf Signature Series. Since I already did a write-up on Alex for the first card, I'm going to talk about something different today. I'm going to talk about my first baseball game of the year.

On Tuesday, I drove to the Little Apple to see the #20 Kansas State Wildcats host the #30 Wichita State Shockers. The day got off to a bad start when I got to the ticket window and discovered that they didn't take debit cards. After a long walk back to the car, a drive to the nearest gas station, and a longer walk back to the ballpark, I made it inside just in time for the first pitch. It was hard to find a seat at the game since there was a record crowd of 4,745 at the game.

I found a seat in the right field line bleachers. The bleachers were installed last season to accommodate all of the fans for the KU/K-State game (the previous record crowd) and thank goodness that they are still in place.

It was a beautiful day on Tuesday and I got to watch five innings of baseball before I needed my jacket. Plus, the Cats won the game 8-3 after a five run seventh inning broke the 3-3 tie. I just hope that the big crowds continue for the rest of the season since the team seemed to really play off of the crowd.

With the victory, Kansas State moved to 20-3 on the season while Wichita State dropped to 14-8. Here's a few random pictures of the game.





1 comment:

Mike said...

Hello,

Your blog has been recommended to us as a interviewee's favorite blog!

We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog
Interviewer. We'd
like to give you the opportunity to
give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."

It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can
be submitted online here Submit your
interview.

Best regards,

Mike Thomas