Friday, April 23, 2010

2002 Fleer Tradition, Ramiro Mendoza



#292 Ramiro Mendoza

Here is a card that Paul, of Paul's Random Stuff, got signed for me last year at a Newark Bears game. Last summer, Paul got more Atlantic League autographs than he knew what to do with. So, rather than going to the games and not getting autographs, he offered to get some cards signed for his readers. I had just got this card in a repack box around that time, so I sent it to him even though he said not to send him any cards of pitchers. Luckily, Paul came through for me and I now have this card to show for it.

Is it just me, or did Ramiro just fall off the map? It seemed like he was a very good reliever for the Yankees in the late '90s/early 2000s. Or maybe I just heard his name too much since the Yankees were always in the World Series then. Either way, it just seems like he has not been the same since he left the Bronx and signed with the Red Sox.

Ramiro is not on the Newark Bears roster this year and I do not know if he is playing for anyone else.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if he's planning to play again this year, but he won't be back with Newark. The Bears traded his rights to Long Island for a couple of other guys who don't look like they're planning to play this year.

unclemoe said...

2002 Tradition is quite possibly my favorite set of all-time. Definitely in the top three.

moe.