Wednesday, November 27, 2013

1984 Donruss, Ned Yost


#271 Ned Yost

Here is a rare '84 Donruss sighting for this blog. This is only the fourth card from this set to be on here.

Ned is the manager of the Royals and I got this card signed before a Royals game at the end of 2011.

My dad and I always try to go to the last Royals home game of the season. When we went in 2011, we went early enough for me to try to get autographs outside of the ballpark while the players were arriving. I didn't have a lot of luck that day outside the park. But, when hanging out with the other 'graphers, I found out about the Royals early bird stadium tour. It cost just ten dollars and all it really does is get you into the ballpark an hour before the gates open. It is dominated by the 'graphers as they are able to see the Royals take batting practice or head over to the visiting dugout to get the best spot.

That day, I went to the Royals dugout to 'graph and I had my dad go to the visiting side to save me a good spot. I ended up doing a whole lot better with the Royals that way than I did outside the park. That was when I got this card, and two others, signed by Ned.

Now, I try to hit up the early bird tour at least once a year.

No comments: