Tuesday, November 19, 2013

1982 Topps, Frank White


#646 Frank White

Just like Jamie Quirk a few days ago, here is another former Royal that is no stranger to this blog. Frank also used to be a regular on the Royals alumni circuit, but he and the club had a split after they fired him as the color commentator. Luckily for Kansas City fans, Frank can still be found coaching first base for the Kansas City T-Bones of the American Association. I got this card signed this past summer when the Bones visited the Wingnuts.

This is one of my favorite Frank White cards. The reason for that is because I had never seen this card until another blogger sent it to me a few years ago. When I think of 1982 Topps In Action cards, I think of Rod Carew, Reggie Jackson, or Carlton Fisk. I never would have thought of Frank. So, once I finally found out that he had a card in that subset, I was a little shocked. It's just too bad that they didn't use a picture of him in the field, since that is what the eight-time Gold Glove winner was mostly known for.

The T-Bones recently hired a new manager and it is yet to be known if Frank will be rejoining the team next season.

1 comment:

Play at the Plate said...

That looks great Z! Love those '82 In Action shots.