Sunday, November 17, 2013

1982 Topps, Jamie Quirk


#173 Jamie Quirk

Here is the latest Jamie Quirk autograph that I have added to my collection. Jamie is a regular at Royals alumni events, like Fanfest, so I have a handful of his cards signed. By my count, this is the seventh card of him that I have posted on here.

This card, however, was signed at a ballgame. Jamie was the bench coach for the Cubs this past season and I was able to get this card signed before a Spring Training game in Peoria, Arizona. I almost didn't take a card of Jamie to Spring Training since I have enough cards signed by him already. But, I happened to find this card while looking for cards of other coaches and I took it anyway.

When I got this card signed, I must have been the only person that recognized him, or had anything to get signed, because he didn't sign anything for anyone else.

Jamie's signature has changed quite a bit since he signed his first Topps contract.

While this card is a little miscut, it is not nearly as bad as it looks. My scanner lopped off a chunk of it and I didn't feel like re-scanning it.

No comments: