Friday, August 28, 2009

1981 Donruss, Jose Cruz



#383 Jose Cruz

Tom, of Astros Baseball Cards, got this card signed recently through the mail with the current Astros first base coach. I might have chosen to take the same route, but I did not have this card. Luckily, Tom had sent two of these cards to Jose and he signed them both. I was able to work out a trade with Tom for this Brian Williams autograph.

Unfortunately for Tom, when I sent him a short list of extra Astros that I had, he picked Brian Williams thinking that it was Brian Hunter. He realized his mistake after I had already sent the card. At least he still needed Williams, so it wasn't a total wash for him.

I just looked at Jose's career stats and learned that he retired from the game as a Yankee. I had no idea that he ever played for them.

This autograph may be the smallest one that I have. It is the complete opposite of Bert Blyleven's.

'81 Donruss Tracker: 25/100

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those old rainbow Astros jerseys, but Mr. Cruz doesn't seem to have enjoyed having his picture taken while wearing one. :)

Anonymous said...

I love those old rainbow Astros jerseys, but Mr. Cruz doesn't seem to have enjoyed having his picture taken while wearing one. :)

zman40 said...

He was probably pissed that they took his photo with his hat floating on his head like that.

Tom said...

Hunter or Williams, it doesn't matter. Any trade is a good trade...as long as I don't already have it!

Thanks for the opportunity to trade again.