Wednesday, March 18, 2009

1988 Donruss, Terry McGriff



#556 Terry McGriff

This is one of the cards that Paul, from Paul's Random Stuff, sent me last week. Paul said that most of the cards he sent me he had had signed at Atlantic League games. I am assuming that this one is no different. It looks like Terry is the hitting coach for the Bridgeport Bluefish.

Terry is the cousin of Fred McGriff and the uncle of Charles Johnson. He finished his career with three home runs. That is 490 homers less than Fred and 164 less than Charles. But, it is three more than I have.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, Terry was coaching for the Bluefish when I got this card signed. I'd forgotten about his connection to Charles Johnson until you mentioned it.

zman40 said...

I didn't even know of it until I checked Baseball Reference to see his connection to Fred. I always assumed that they were brothers. It's a good thing I checked before I made an ass out of myself.