Tuesday, March 17, 2009

1987 Topps Traded, Ron Cey



#22T Ron Cey

I thought that I would be different and unique here. Out of all the cards that I could have sent to Ron Cey, I sent his lone A's card. I thought that I would be one of the few people that have bothered to get this card signed. Well, I was wrong. A couple of days after I sent this card and the other Cey card out, Dan from OMGautos posted his signed '87 Topps Traded Ron Cey card. Needless to say, I was disappointed to be beaten to the punch. But, it is good to see that there are some other autograph collectors out there that have a weird sense of humor like I do (or just like getting '87 Topps cards signed). Either way, good work Dan.

You will notice that Ron did not put his number on this card like he did the last one. It appears that he only includes his number on his Dodger cards.

Also, I got this card in one of those wierd repacks at Target. It is one of the ones with 100 cards and a couple of junk wax packs. This was one of about five or six of the '87 Topps Traded cards included in it.

It's good to see Ron wearing green on St. Patricks Day.

2 comments:

Dan said...

Hey! It's all good... glad you got yours signed as well. '87 Topps is the bomb... keep on keepin' on!

zman40 said...

I agree, "'87 Topps is the bomb"!