Thursday, March 26, 2009

1990 Donruss Best, Kevin Seitzer



#91 Kevin Seitzer

Here is yet another card from Fanfest. Kevin is the new hitting coach for the Royals. Therefore, he was signing with the players and coaches and not with the alumni. Unfortunately, he only signed one of my three cards.

At Fanfest, there was two separate autograph lines going at a time that featured current players/coaches. I spent most of my time in line B and the alumni line. Kevin was signing at B during the last session of the day. I was at the beginning of line A when the signing started. I told my dad to stay at the end of line B (ie, keep letting people in front of him). I got my cards signed from the line A guys and headed down to B to get in there. Well, my dad was nowhere to be found. After a few minutes, I found him in the middle of the line. He tried to get me to cut in there with him, but I wasn't about to skip over that many people. So, I just gave him what I wanted signed and he got what he could. Kevin, incidentally, was the only person in line B that only signed one item for me (or my father). Even Zack Grienke signed two cards, which amazed me.

I remember the '87 Fleer Kevin Seitzer/Stefaro (I think that is his name) card. In '87, that was the card to get here in Kansas. The year I went to the Danny Tartabull card show, I bought the Seitzer card for $5. I also bought a few packs of '87 Fleer and got one in there. I thought that I did pretty well that day.

This is another card that I got from Stats on the Back. This is also another card set that I had never seen before. I did a little looking and I guess Donruss made their "The Rookies" set just like this, but in green. While I'm not a big fan of the red borders, I can't say that I'm a big fan of the blue either. With the Royals powder blue uniforms, there is a ton blueish tint on this card. This might have the '88 Topps Thad Bosley card beat. Maybe.

Kevin has an interesting signature. It looks like there is an M in the middle of it. Also, I'm not sure if I can make out the inscription. John 3:3?

1 comment:

Dan said...

I think the blue card with the ol' Royals powder blue is really workin' on this one.