Thursday, July 8, 2010

1993 Upper Deck, Frank Tanana



#68 Frank Tanana

Here is the third and final Frank Tanana card that I got signed through the mail in May. You can see his signed '81 Donruss here and '85 Topps here. If I send out multiple cards to get signed, I usually send cards of the player on different teams. It was just a coincidence that I also sent him cards from three different manufactures.

To me, this set is probably my favorite Upper Deck set of all time. The '93 set is just a great looking set with bright photos, a border, and most importantly- no foil. I don't think I can say a bad thing about the base cards in the set. They just don't make them like they used to.

I only have six cards from this set signed, but this is the first one I have added to my collection since the early '90s. So far, all of them have been acquied TTM.

The signature got smudged a bit on this card, but it still looks better than the Dave Fleming card that I have signed out of the set.

2 comments:

night owl said...

'93 Upper Deck RULES!

Play at the Plate said...

Even smudged he has a great sig. I love the '93 UD set.