Wednesday, July 21, 2010

2003 Bowman, Ray Sadler



#300 Ray Sadler

Here is the last of the independent league autographs, at least for a few days. There should be some more familiar names coming up over the next couple of days.

Here is another card of a Kansas City T-Bone that I got signed before the T-Bones/Wingnuts preseason game in Wichita, Kansas. When I saw that Ray was with the T-Bones this year, I got a little excited since I thought I was going to be able get get an autograph from a former Royal. Luckily, it didn't take me long to realize that I was thinking of Ray's older brother, Donnie.

While I was looking at Ray's stats, I was shocked to see that he played in the Majors briefly. He got called up by the Pirates in 2005 and he got into three games in May. In those games, he went 2-8 with one home run. The home run was off of Noah Lowry and Ray hit it in what was likely his last Major League game. So, that is a good way to go out in my opinion.

Ray has spent parts of four seasons at the AAA level, including last year with Durham. This season is his first in independent ball and Ray is doing very well. He is hitting .317 with 42 RBI in 51 games.

3 comments:

Goose Joak said...

What's your opinion of the T-Bones games? I've heard they're pretty fun.

zman40 said...

The T-Bones games are fun and they seem to draw really well, even with the Royals in town. They are basically like any other AA team with a new ballpark and are very similar to the Saltdogs.

Goose Joak said...

Sweet! I'll make a point to catch a game there.