Thursday, July 29, 2010

2003 Fleer Tradition, Brook Fordyce



#124 Brook Fordyce

Here is a card that was sent to me by Paul, of Paul's Random Stuff. Every once in a while, Paul will send me a random package of Royals and autographed cards. The autographs are usually doubles that he has acquired at Atlantic League games. This one is a little different since Brook Fordyce never played in the Atlantic League (though he very well could have coached). So, I have no idea how Paul came across this signature. And, while I'm not a big fan of ballpoint autographs, this one seems to fit really well.

Brook played parts of ten seasons in the Majors with the Mets, Reds, White Sox, Orioles, and Devil Rays. His 2000 season was probably his best and he split it with the Sox and O's. That year, he had career highs in average (.301), home runs (14), and RBI (49), doing most of the damage while wearing the Orioles uniform.

2004 was Brook's final season playing ball. I have no idea what he is up to these days.

I saw Brook play four times between 1999 and 2001 and in those games, he went 6-16 with 3 runs and 7 RBI.

No comments: