Tuesday, July 20, 2010

2003 Bowman, Jon Nelson



#269 Jon Nelson

This is the latest autograph that I have acquired. I got this card signed by Jon after the T-Bones game on Saturday. Jon was the last player off of the field and, since the lights were off for the fireworks, he had to sign in the dark. Or at least he would have had to if it wasn't for a nearby usher who had his flashlight out for him. I guess I need to add a flashlight to my list of things to bring for post-game fireworks.

Jon is in his second season of independent ball. He played for Somerset, of the Atlantic League, last year and he is playing for Joliet, of the Northern League, this year. Prior to that, Jon spent seven seasons in the Mariners organization where he made it up to AAA.

Jon and yesterday's player, Chris Colton, were teammates in 2002 with the Everett Aqua Sox and are teammates this year with the Joliet Jackhammers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought that name sounded a little familiar... I saw him with the Patriots last year.