Thursday, July 8, 2010

1994 Collector's Coice, Glenallen Hill



#137 Glenallen Hill

Here is a card that I got signed in front of Kauffman Stadium in May when the Rockies were in town. Glenallen is the Rockies first base coach. I had three cards in my book for him to sign, but he only signed this one. If I would have known that he was only going to sign this one, I would have given him a black Sharpie instead of the blue one. But, that is how it goes sometimes.

I actually have a pretty neat memory of Glenallen Hill. I remember watching a Cubs game on TV in 1998 or 1999. Glenallen was at bat and at one point, he called time out and stepped out of the box. The umpire, however, didn't grant him time and he stayed in his crouch and actually motioned for the pitcher to pitch the ball. So, the pitcher pitched it and Glenallen jumped back into the batter's box and somehow managed to get a base hit out of it.

I really can't make out much from Glenallen's signature. It kind of looks like he might only sign his first name, but it is hard to tell.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if you are just a IP auto person, but Hill is a great TTM guy. I sent two to him and got both back signed...

-Chris

Wrigley Wax said...

I've got a Glenallen Hill memory too: He hit a home run at Wrigley that landed on the roof of the big apartment building across from the ballpark on Waveland Avenue.

May 11, 2000, see it here

zman40 said...

Nice video. That was a shot!

Play at the Plate said...

I love how the sig loops up over his nose. And that was a great shot!