Sunday, July 18, 2010

2002 Topps Chrome, Kevin Hooper



#T257 Kevin Hooper

Here is a card that I got signed the same day as the Dewon Brazelton card that I posted earlier today. Kevin is the Wichita Wingnuts manager and I was able to get this card signed prior to a preseason game against the cross-state Kansas City T-Bones.

Kevin is a native Kansan and a Wichita State alumni that has been a part of the Wingnut organization for all three years of their existence. He played for the 'Nuts during their inaugural season and he hit .373 for them while making the All Star team. He retired from playing after that season and took over the managing duties shortly thereafter. He led the team to the playoffs last year and after a rough start this season, he currently has the Nuts in the middle of the pack in the second half of the season.

It is hard to make out anything from Kevin's signature, but I still think it is a good looking 'graph.

I've never been much into buying packs of Topps Chrome, so I don't know a lot about the product. It just seems stange to me that Topps would make a chrome version of it's Traded set.

No comments: