Friday, July 9, 2010

1994 Donruss, Steve Buechele



#555 Steve Buechele

Here is the third and final card that Steve signed for me last month at the Northwest Arkansas Naturals game. You can see the first one here and the second one here.

When I got back from my trip and as I was going through all of the cards that I got signed, I was shocked to find this out- this is the only '94 Donruss card that I have signed. I thought for sure that I at least had a couple signed. But, that was not the case at all. I guess that I was getting the set confused with '95 Donruss. Oh well, at least I now have one-ninth of a Joy of a Completed Page. Only eight more to go.

When I was in Omaha for the College World Series, I had the pleasure to meet Steve's son, Garrett. Garrett was playing for Oklahoma and he was recently drafted by the Rangers. He is only a sophomore, so I asked him if he planned on signing with the Rangers and he said he was. Since his dad is the manager of the Rangers AA team, I asked him if he was looking forward to playing for his dad in a couple of years and he sounded like he was really looking forward to it. Finally, I asked him if his dad was enjoying himself in Frisco and Garrett said that he was and that it was "a great gig".

Here is a card that Garrett signed for me while I was pestering him with these questions. One last thing about Garrett- he seems like a great kid and he answered most of the questions I asked with "sir". That is something that I am not really used to while getting autographs.

3 comments:

Orioles Magic said...

Great job Sir! I don't think I've ever got that one before...

zman40 said...

Why, thank you. It was certainly a unique and fun encounter.

Play at the Plate said...

Nice pickup with the father/son auto's. I hope Garrett makes it...I always liked his dad.