Wednesday, June 2, 2010

1985 Topps, Chris Speier



#577 Chris Speier

Here is the second Chris Speier card that I sent to him in April. I was planning on only sending him one card to sign, his '81 Donruss, untill I came across this card while searching for a Bob Watson card. Once I saw this card, I knew I had to get this card signed. The airbrushing on this card is so noticable and blatant that I thought that it would be a great signed card to add to my collection. I think I have even started a new collecting theme for myself- getting airbrushed cards signed. I can add this one to the likes of Maury Wills, Hoyt Wilhelm, and Marty Pattin.

For those of you keeping score at home, I now have five autographs from Chris. I have his '72 Topps "In Action" card, his '81 Donruss, his '84 Topps, his '88 Score, and this one. That is two Expos cards, two Giants cards, and this one Twins card. I'm not sure if he has a card as a Cardinal or not, but I know he has a card as a Cub. Whether I not I ever get one signed is another matter.

Today is the day of the Rickwood Classic. I am really looking forward to the game and seeing the ballpark. This game has been on my to do list for the past three years and I am glad that I am finally able to make it.

1 comment:

night owl said...

If you still have an address for him, I think I'm ready to give that beat-up Speier in action card another try.