Monday, June 28, 2010

1991 Bowman, Ever Magallanes



#61 Ever Magallanes

Here is a card that I got signed in Birmingham prior to the Rickwood Classic. Ever, or Mags as I heard someone else call him, is the manager of the Birmingham Barons. He signed both cards that I had of him.

This is actually the second time that I have got Mags to sign for me. The first time was in 2008 while he was managing the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes in the California League. The Quakes are an Angels affiliate and the Barons are affiliated with the White Sox. So, at some point, he changed teams.

I had this card in 2008, but I didn't realize that Mags had a Major League card until later in the summer. That was in the days before I knew about Beckett.com. I tried to get this card signed last year in St. Louis where he coaching at the Futures Game, but I was unsuccessful there. So, I was happy to finally get it signed earlier this month.

1 comment:

Goose Joak said...

Man do I love those old Bowman sets. 1990 and 1991 are just amazing. I love everything about them. Printing defects and all. This card is no exception. Nice signature too.