Tuesday, June 1, 2010

1985 Topps, Bob Watson



#51 Bob Watson

Here is the second card that I sent Bob at the end of April. The first one was his '81 Donruss card. I sent this card along with it since this is probably my second favorite set from the '80s. The reason why I like it so much is because the first pack of cards I ever opened was '85 Topps.

I mentioned in the first Bob Watson post that he added a couple of signatures with my request. The first one was a signed business card. Here is the second one.



That is not a signed indez card. He actually signed and returned the letter I sent him. I've had a few players return letters to me before (I think they do it to help protect the card), but this is the first time I have had one returned signed. I love how he added "MLB/TEAM USA!!" to it as well. That is a unique touch.

A couple of people commented on my first post that Bob scored the one-millionth run in MLB history. According to his Wikipedia entry, that is not the case anymore. In fact, nobody knows who scored that historic run.

Today is the first day of the All American Ballpark Tour's trip to Alabama. We are supposed to leave for Birmingham at 4:00 in the morning. It looks like it is going to be a fourteen hour drive, but we should get there in time to see the Barons host the Tennessee Smokies in the Barons everyday ballpark, Regions Park.

Since I have already posted a Bob Watson card on here recently, I will have another post popping up here later tonight.

Don't forget to check out the contest in the previous post.

No comments: