Sunday, May 16, 2010

1981 Donruss, Chris Speier



#329 Chris Speier

Last summer, I got Chris to sign three cards for me when the Reds made a rare interleague appearance in Kansas City. Unfortunately, I did not have this card at the time to get signed. Luckily, Chris is still coaching for the Reds and he is a good TTM signer for stuff sent to Great America Ballpark. That is how I got this card and one other signed and it only took about ten days to get them back.

I bought this card from checkoutmycards.com. For some reason, most of the '81 Donruss that they have on that site cost fifty cents, yet you can get some '70s Topps stuff for a quarter or less. Is '81 Donruss really that more special than some earlier Topps stuff? If so, I may be on to something.

This card looks like one of the rare cards in the set where the photo isn't taken in Chicago. I can't tell where the shot was taken, but it looks like the field has astroturf. Any guesses?

Also, as you may have noticed, I changed up the color scheme on here. If anyone has a hard time reading the blog with the new color scheme, let me know and I will fix it.

'81 Donruss Tracker: 64/100

No comments: