Wednesday, June 2, 2010

1986 Donruss, Ken Dayley



#303 Ken Dayley

Here is the next card that I got signed at the '85 Classic last month. After a brief break from them for three posts, the '85 Classic cards will be coming on strong for the next week or so.

Here is the first of two Ken Dayley cards that I got signed at the game. Both of the cards feature him as a Cardinal and that may be why I only took two cards of him with me. I searched for cards of him as a Brave or Blue Jay, but I came up empty handed. I guess that the massive search drained me and I never bothered to find another Cardinal card of him. Oh well, it's one less Dayley card for me to write about this month.

Dayley pitched for eleven years, seven and half of them with the Cardinals. He never made an All Star team, but he did pitch in two World Series. He finished his career with a 33-45 record with 39 saves and a 3.64 ERA. In eight World Series appearances, he is 1-0 with a save and a minuscule 0.84 ERA over 10.2 innings.

After today's game, it is a five hour drive to northeast Arkansas where we will be camping out for the night.

If you haven't entered the contest yet, there is still time.

No comments: