Tuesday, June 29, 2010

1991 Line Drive AA, Steve Foster



#158 Steve Foster

Here is the second of three cards that were signed for me earlier in the year by the Royals bullpen coach. Speaking of him being their bullpen coach, every time I see Steve on TV, he always has on a pair of catcher's shinguards. He obviously is a former pitcher and I have never seen him behind the plate in the bullpen, but he always looks like he is ready. I was amazed when I got this card signed that he didn't have them on yet. I thought that I wasn't going to be able to recognize him without them, but I got lucky and he was the only person in the pen at the time.

Steve is playing for the Chattanooga Lookouts on this card. The Lookouts are still playing in the Southern League, but they are no longer affiliated with the Reds. They are now part of the Dodgers organization.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I played with Steve in college at UTA (Texas Arlington) in the late 1980's. He was something. One of his favorite sayings was "finer than frog hair", and "so hard a cat can't scratch it".

zman40 said...

Man, that is awesome. Thanks for sharing!

Play at the Plate said...

That's a great piece of inside info.