Thursday, March 4, 2010

2000 Topps, Todd Moser



#T7 Todd Moser

I have three cards from 2000 Topps signed and all three come from the traded set. I wasn't really collecting cards at the time. Does anyone know if 2000 Topps Traded were avaiable in packs or only as a complete set?

Here are two cards of the Marlins 1999 14th round selection, Todd Moser. Both of these were sent to me by Paul, of Paul's Random Stuff. Paul is such a generous blogger that he cannot keep track of all the autographs he has sent me. Because of that, I occassionaly get some doubles from him. But that's all right because one cannot have enough autographs.

As for Todd, he did not make it too far with the Marlins. In four years, he had only made it up to high-A. He must have got hurt since he then missed all of 2003. He missed most of 2004 as well and the Marlins released him. The Cardinals signed him and he appeared in ten games for their AA team before being released at the end of the year.

Since then, Todd has been touring the independent circuit. He spent two years playing for Somerset in the Atlantic League and then missed all of the 2007 season. In 2008 and 2009, he was with the Kansas City T-Bones of the Northern League. The T-Bones released him mid-season last year and he then ended up playing for the Calgary Vipers of the Golden League. Who knows where he will end up this season? I think that he is due for the American Association.

It's kind of neat that Paul got one card signed in blue and one in Sharpie. As a rule of thumb, I try to aviod getting cards signed that have a big black jersey on the front. But, in many cases (especially minor leaguers), the player will only have one card made of them. So, you either get the black jersey signed or you go without the autograph. If I have to get a dark jersey signed, I almost always go with a blue Sharpie. But in this instance, the black one deffinitely came out better. I guess that the blue just clashed with the teal too much.

If anyone is needing a Todd Moser autograph, just let me know.

4 comments:

Orioles Magic said...

I'm right there with you about the cards that are very dark or feature black uniforms. So many minor league types only have 1 or 2 cards and it bothers me when they are that dark. But hey, it's still an autograph.

zman40 said...

I bet a few of the O's farmteams have black jerseys, too, to make it even harder for you.

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure I also have a couple more extra Todd Moser cards, if anybody else is looking for one.

I ended up with 6-8 of his cards in a lot. Each time the Somerset Patriots had their Sunday autograph session, I'd go and get the new players to sign something for me... and I'd ask Moser to sign another card.

Play at the Plate said...

That definitely looks better in black.