Monday, March 1, 2010

2000 Lancaster JetHawks Grandstand, Willie Bloomquist



#4 Willie Bloomquist

Here is a card that I got signed at Royals Fanfest last year. At that time, I was a Royals partial season ticket holder. For that years event, season ticket holders were let into Fanfest an hour before the general public. The first thing I did when I got inside was to get in an autograph line.

Shortly thereafter, four Royals came out to sign and Willie was the first player in the line. I had my autograph book with me and to keep it simple, I always alphabetize it by the players last name. For that occasion, I could only find two Bloomquist cards. So I had those two cards and one John Buck card on the same page. When I got up to Willie, he says "I see that you have the two best looking guys on the same page". I probably just gave him a blank stare and maybe a "huh". He then went on to tell me that he is always being told that him and Buck look the same. I think I replied to that with a "really?" since I wasn't seeing it. He then asked Mike Jacobs what he thought about it and Mike said that he couldn't think what John Buck looked like. Obviously, it was an interesting way to start off the event.

I got this team set at a JetHawks game two years ago.

No comments: