Saturday, May 16, 2009

1968 Topps. Jim Lonborg



#460 Jim Lonborg

Here is another card that I got through the mail in April. It took me about nine days to get this card back. I originally got the idea to get the 1967 AL Cy Young award winner's autograph from Brian of 30-year old Cardboard. I saw his success and realized that I needed to capitalize on the opportunity.

Unfortunately, my success did not turn out as good as Brian's. His has the inscription that mine is lacking. But, I cannot complain. I was lucky just to find this card. Before I found this one, I had found a few mid '70s Phillies cards of Lonborg. I eventually decided to keep looking and found this great card that celebrates his Cy Young season.

I am heading to a Royals game today. That is why I am sporting a post at such an odd hour. The Royals are trying to take two in a row from the O's. I haven't seen the O's in a couple of years, so I am hoping to get a few autographs. My dog thinks that I will get between six and ten. I hope he is right.

No comments: