Tuesday, January 6, 2015

1999 Upper Deck, Jim Eisenreich


#120 Jim Eisenreich

Here is the final card that I got signed by Jim Eisenreich at Royals Fanfest last year. I bought this card off of COMC just so I could get a Dodger card signed by him. After getting this card signed, I now have a card signed by Jim for every team he played for- the Twins, Royals, Phillies, Marlins, and now Dodgers. I have not posted the Twins card yet, but I do have it. It just may be a few years before it gets posted.

Jim played for the Dodgers for the better half of his final season. He was shipped there from the Marlins in the famed Mike Piazza trade. Jim was thirty-nine years old at the time and his best days were behind him. With LA, Jim hit just .197 in 127 at-bats with no home runs and 6 RBI. He managed to steal 4 bases while he was at it. Jim called it a career after the season. His final numbers are a .290 average with 52 home runs and 477 RBI.

Jim got a kick seeing this card of himself. He laughed at the photo and commented that talking to fans was all he did that summer since he "couldn't hit a lick". I thought that was pretty funny because I saw him that summer as a Dodger at Busch Stadium. He didn't play that night, but he did sign autographs before the game. He is a picture I took of him that day that I eventually got signed.

No comments: