Monday, January 12, 2015

2001 Upper Deck, Bruce Chen


#239 Bruce Chen

Here is the latest autograph from Bruce Chen. As far as I can tell, it has been two and a half years since the last time I posted a card of him. It will not, however, be the last. I have one more coming up next month and then I have some newer ones that may or may not ever be posted on here.

I got this card signed this past season at the first game of the year I attended. It was a Sunday game and the Royals brought back their autograph afternoons for Sunday games. My family got in one of the lines that day and it ended up being Bruce's. I ended up with two new autographs from Bruce and they are the last items I got signed by him.

I had bought this card a couple of years ago just to try to get a card signed by Bruce that pictures him on a different team. I already had cards of him that I have posted as a Brave, Met, and Oriole, not to mention Ranger and Royals cards that haven't been posted yet. Now I can add the Phillies to that list, too.

Bruce pitched for the Phils for two half seasons. He was traded to them mid-season in 2000 and he went 3-4 with a 3.63 ERA. In 2001, he was 4-5 with a 5.00 ERA before being dealt to the Mets in July. In Bruce's "season" in Philly, he was 7-9 with a 4.28 ERA over 31 starts.

On an unrelated note, the Royals announced their Royals Caravan route today. Much to my surprise, they are rolling through my hometown this year. They have not yet announced who was going to be on that leg of the trip. But, since I have that day off, I know I will be there.

No comments: