Monday, January 5, 2015

My Wallet Card


Here is the card that I picked out for the wallet card game. It's a 1981 Donruss Steve Macko. I picked this card out for a couple of reasons. For starters, I have four of these cards. Plus, it is from my favorite set to get signed. But, what sets this card apart from all the rest is that I will never get this card signed. It is my white whale and the reason I have never gone all in on getting the '81 Donruss set completely signed.

Steve's career ended after the 1980 season after being diagnosed with testicular cancer. He died in November, 1981. I have no clue if there are any of these cards signed by him. But, if there are, I am sure they would fetch a pretty penny.

With the flimsy '81 Donruss card stock and the tight confines of my twelve year old wallet, I do not think this card is going to fare too well. Only time will tell.

1 comment:

night owl said...

Excellent wallet card choice.