Wednesday, June 4, 2014

1991 Classic, Brian McRae


#T49 Brian McRae

Here is the umpteenth Brian McRae card that I have posted on here. By my count, I now have ten cards signed by him. I should have more, but I always try to get cards of him signed for other people. Otherwise, I would have a couple dozen cards signed by him.

When I saw he was going to be at Royals Fanfest again this year, I looked for some specific cards of him. My first priority was to get a Mets card of him signed. For some reason, I hadn't done that yet. Then, I had to get a couple of his minor league cards, that had been in my collection for over twenty years, signed. Then, I looked for some oddball cards and that is why I took this one. As of right now, this is the only Major League Classic card that I have signed.

I do not remember much about about the Major League Classic cards. I do know that they were not available in packs, which is why I hardly have any. I think that they were sold as a parts of a board game, but that might not be entirely correct. So, if anyone has any fond memories of Classic cards, feel free to chime in in the comments.

I will say that I love the blue border with the blue jersey and hat, though.

2 comments:

Play at the Plate said...

They were part of a board game, but I never played it.

Orioles Magic said...

That's a very nice looking card and autograph!