Monday, August 16, 2010

2003 Topps All TIme Fan Favorites, Cory Snyder



#FFA-CN Cory Snyder

I graduated from college in 2003 and for some reason, I started to get back into cards that summer. I was amazed at all of the products that were out and I thought that the new cards that looked old were a cool concept. So, every time I went to Wal-Mart, I had to check out the card section and pick up a couple of packs. For some reason, I always grabbed a couple of packs of the All Time Fan Favorites.

After about a month of that, I noticed something. The box of All Time Fan Favorites was halfway empty and it seemed like I was the only person that was buying it. I also noticed that there was one autograph per box. After that, I started to buy the packs four or five at a time because I was determined to pull the autographed card. If you take the time to look at some of the autographs available in the set (there are at least 50 Hall of Famers), you'll quickly see why I wanted the autograph out of that box.

Obviously, I got the autograph from the box and it wasn't a Hall of Famer. But, it is an autograph and it is on-card, so I can't complain. I already had a TTM Snyder autograph from many years ago and it was fun adding a certified one to the mix as well.

The funny thing about this set is that if it came out today, I don't think that I would get into it like I did in 2003. But, that is just me.

2 comments:

Orioles Magic said...

I think I'm one of 2 people who buy cards at my Walmart. There's normally a good selection, unless it's after the season.

zman40 said...

My Wally-World gets picked over pretty quick, anymore.