Sunday, August 1, 2010

2003 Fleer Tradition, Damian Rolls



#367 Damian Rolls

Here is the second of three cards that Damian signed for me at a Kansas City T-Bones game last year. You can see the first one here.

Damian is from Kansas City and I got this card signed after Damian got done hanging out with a group of people in one of the picnic areas at Community America Ballpark. While he was signing my cards, I asked him if he was starting that night and he started going on about starting second base that night and that he hadn't played second in over a month. That night also happened to be the night that Willie Wilson was the starting centerfielder for the T-Bones and I asked Damian his thoughts on that and he didn't sound too pleased. He said something to the effect that "management was getting on us to get into the playoffs and then they go and do this; so I really don't know what to think of it". I thought about bringing up the game we played against each other at the state tournament in 1994, but he has played so many game since then that I doubt he would remember. Overall, Damian seemed very personable and it was fun talking with him.

I really like this Fleer Tradition set. It is a good-looking set that is not glossy and is perfect for autographs. I wish I would have bought a few of these while they were out.

No comments: