Sunday, October 18, 2009

1995 Classic 5 Sport, Chad Hermansen



#122 Chad Hermansen

I pulled this card out of a pack, maybe in 1996. I bought a box of this stuff for cheap at a KB Toy Store when I was out of town at a baseball tournament. The box was a year old, so I probably paid 10-15 bucks for it. It sounded like a good idea at the time and it gave me something to do on the ride home.

I was very surprised to find this card in there. I didn't even know that there were autographs in the box. I pulled two, this one and some hockey player that never made it to the NHL. There is no number on the card back (I got the number from his regular card). All it says on the back is "Congratulations! You Have Just Received A Limited-Edition Autographed Card."

Chad played in 189 Major League games with the Pirates, Cubs, Dodgers, and Blue Jays. He was a .195 career hitter who tallied 13 home runs.

I have no idea how many of these cards he signed for Classic. I just hope that all of them are not as hard to see as mine is.

1 comment:

Orioles Magic said...

At first glance, I didn't even see the autograph. But I knew it had to be there somewhere.