Sunday, May 8, 2011

2005 Topps, Dave Roberts



#604 Dave Roberts

Here is a Padrograph of Dave Roberts. Dave is one of four players in Major League history to be named Dave Roberts.

Dave played in the Majors for ten seasons with the Indians, Dodgers, Red Sox, Padres, and Giants. He never made an All Star team and he never played in a World Series. But, he did swipe a bag that ultimately propelled his team to the World Series. In case you forgot which team that was, it was the Boston Red Sox in 2004. Even though he only played in 48 games with the Red Sox, I'm sure that Dave will forever be remembered as the guy that stole the base that helped the Sox "reverse the curse".

Dave is currently the first base coach for the Padres.

I thought it was kind of funny that this card was first signed with a silver sharpie and then gone over with a black one. That pretty much sums up my experience with the silver sharpie. I have tried it twice and was unhappy with the results and had the player try again in a different color. I'm glad that I am not the only one that has gone through that.

No comments: