Wednesday, February 17, 2010

1995 SP, Mike Macfarlane



#126 Mike Macfarlane

Here is the only Mike Macfarlane autograph I ended up with from Fanfest. Mike was at Fanfest the previous year and I was able to get three Royals cards signed by him. So this year, I wanted to mix it up a bit and I bought this Red Sox card from checkoutmycards.com.

Mike's tenure in Boston lasted all of one season. He was the primary catcher there and he hit .225 with 15 home runs and 51 RBI. He also got his only taste of the playoffs with Boston and he went 3-9 in the three game sweep by the Indians. In the off-season, he ended up back in Kansas City as a free agent signing. He was a Royal until he was traded to Oakland at the beginning of the 1998 season. For some reason, I couldn't find a card of him as an A.

Only two more cards until I am caught up from Fanfest. Then, I will be diving into the year 2000.

1 comment:

Orioles Magic said...

I had totally forgotten that Macfarlane was a Red Sox player, I always remember him as a Royal.