Monday, December 15, 2008

1991 Donruss, Norm Charlton



#384 Norm Charlton

This is the third and final Norm Charlton card that I got signed in Kansas City from the Mariner's ex-bullpen coach. It looks like Don Wakamatsu has revamped his coaching staff and Charlton, Mel Stottlemyre and Lee Elia are all gone. The only one that was kept from last year was Jose Castro. If you would like to see the first two Charlton autographs, just click on the Reds label and you will find them there.

One thing that I liked about Norm's signature was that he included his number. This is the first time that I have ever seen a coach sign his number.

Also, I don't have a whole lot of cards from this set (although Rod certainly helped that out). That's probably because I didn't like how they distrubuted the cards in two series. I'll have a card from series 2 tomorrow. But, I must say that these cards are a huge improvement over the 1990 set.

3 comments:

Goose Joak said...

What was funky about the card distribution between series 1 and 2? Player selection?

zman40 said...

It wasn't the card distribution. It was just the fact that they had two sets. I know that is a common practice today, but I wasn't too fond of in in 1991.

Goose Joak said...

I never realized that sets prior to this didn't have a series 1 and 2! That's cool.